“The mission of the Weaverville Business Association is to foster a thriving Weaverville business community.”
The Weaverville Business Association is a vibrant network of local business owners who collaborate to foster a thriving Weaverville business community. Established in 2004, this growing group of 75 businesses initiates numerous events to bring the community together and promote the unique spirit and pride of Weaverville including Art in Autumn, The Weaverville Art Safari, Candlelight Stroll, and now Music on Main.
In addition to our events we also work to promote the Business Community through our website and brochure which we publish annually as a resource for visitors and town residents. We also provide social media support to our members.
The Weaverville Business Association also supports many important community efforts such as:
- Reems Creek Greenway
- Cops for Kids
- Arts for Life
- The Weaverville Nature Park
- The Lake Louise Community Center
- Annual WBA Scholarship for a North Buncombe High School Senior
- Weaverville Schools Leadership Day
- Weaverville Art Safari
- Weaverville Tailgate Market
The Weaverville Business Association provides many benefits to its members:
• Inclusion in our website which is in a top position in most search engines.
• Inclusion in our brochure distributed to over 102 locations in the greater Asheville Area.
• Social Media support for Member Businesses through our Facebook and twitter accounts with 800 followers and growing.
• Networking opportunities with other local business owners.
• The WBA builds a strong community character through events that bring visitors to Weaverville.
• Quarterly happy hour meetings for networking with other WBA members.
• Cooperative advertising opportunities that reduce rates for our membership.
• Members receive a discount on affiliate memberships to the Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce.
Regular membership is open to for-profit businesses that are located or doing business within the corporate limits or zoning district of the Town of Weaverville. Affiliate membership is open to for-profit businesses not located within the corporate limits or zoning district of the Town of Weaverville, and individuals and nonprofit organizations whose principals are supportive of the goals and purposes of the Association.
Regular membership is $200/year. Affiliate membership is $200/year.
General membership meetings are held the fourth Tuesday of each month at Town Hall or the location is announced ahead of time via email. Meetings begin at 5:30 p.m. and generally last about an hour.