Posted on July 27, 2017
Weaverville Business Association
Job Description – Administrator
Title: WBA Administrator
Job Description: The Weaverville Business Association (WBA) employs an administrator to complete organizational tasks on behalf of the board and the association members. This position requires scheduling flexibility and wide variety of skills for managing online records, volunteers and events.
The WBA Administrator attends all general membership meetings, board meetings, and sits on various event committees. The administrator manages membership rosters, the website, email lists, publishes the monthly newsletter and communicates with members regarding purchase of ads in the annual WBA brochure. Additionally, the administrator helps plan WBA events like Art in Autumn, Music on Main and the Candlelight Stroll. This requires managing communications with vendors, artists, town officials and the WBA membership and working with association members on the logistics of big events..
Monthly hours vary according to association activity. Higher hours per month usually correspond to event planning for the association. Pay for this position starts at $18/ hour.
- Familiarity with Google accounts, email and documents preferred, as well as Excel spreadsheets. Other online management skills will be involved.
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken. This position requires that the employee communicate with a variety of people from the WBA board, town officials, volunteers and vendors with whom we do business.
- Good organizational skills for managing records and event logistics.
- Willingness to problem solve and proactively communicate with the board about what needs to be done.
- Transportation is important since this position can require picking up various documents or materials for the association and delivering them around town.
If interested, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.